Maybe you can’t RV to an island, but you can channel the Caribbean – the perfect combination of spicy and sweet!
*This recipe is featured in the Crockin Girls cookbook Slow Cookin’ Companion
- Use a 6 quart slow cooker.
- 4 Frozen Chicken Breasts
- 1.5 Cups Water
- 1 Bottle of Caribbean Jerk Marinade
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 8oz. Can of pineapple chunks, drained or half fresh chopped pineapple
- Step One: Place chicken breasts, water, marinade, and onion in the slow cooker.
- Step Two: Cook on LOW 7-8 hrs. or on HIGH for 3-4 hrs.
- Step Three: Add pineapple chunks in the last hour or wait until the end for a fresher taste.
- Step Four: Serve over rice or in a warm corn tortilla with lettuce and Pico de Gallo