HAPPY, HEALTHY HOLIDAYS
BEING WITH FAMILY
- This is the time that some relish for, but other has a difficult time with. The large crowds, family you don’t see often and maybe even family you don’t necessarily get along with. How do we make this a happy, healthy time?
- Plan for the worse!
- Prepare things for kids to do.
- Make meal items in advance.
- Use plastic and paper serving items whenever possible.
- Have “jobs” for certain family members to do and ask in advance.
PREPARING YOUR HOME
- This is where some of us feel we have so much to do, but so little time to get ready. This is also a time we feel is chaotic! So how do we get through our home preparation whether it is for family visiting or just for our own holiday celebration?
- Beginning a few weeks in advance, make a list.
- Each week have something you will do to prepare such as wash curtains, vacuum blinds and windowsills, wash windows or clean baseboards.
- VolunTOLD family members to assist you with some of your list.
- Let go of the guilt if not all you want gets done.
- Keep It Simple when planning on what you need to do.
- Gifts, gifts and more gifts! Why do we think we need to not only buy everyone a gift, but also make sure it’s the perfect gift??? How can we manage this with family, friends and those extras we need in case someone gives us a gift?
- Financially prepare with a Christmas club account.
- For larger families, draw to purchase just for one family member.
- Make some of the gifts (handmade makes some of the best presents)
- Give of your TIME! Elderly, children, parents, etc. need time more than gifts.
- Hand make gift certificates. It can be for time, lunch, cleaning, errands and many other things. This will extend the gift throughout the year!
- “WHAT? NO! We can’t diet during the holidays!!! We need to wait until after the New Year!” I hear this so many times, but it’s definitely the wrong answer. This is the perfect time of year to begin a weight-loss program and eat healthy.
- It’s great to be looking good in those family pictures.
- It feels really good when you see a family member you haven’t seen for a long time and they say, “WOW, you look GREAT!”
- If you begin early then you will know how to manage food during the holiday parties and gatherings.
- YOU will be the person who loses weight and not the statistic that gains weight during the holidays.
- You will feel in control and powerful during a time of year that can be stressful to so many others!!!
- Traveling during the holidays? Sylvia reminds us of tips and tricks to make healthier choices: Restaurant Strategy
This year’s Healthy Holidays:
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- RV Healthy has a board on RVNN’sPinterest
- Circle us onG+
- Give us a Thumbs up on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Watch RV Healthy on your Roku or Boxee!
- Visit Sylvia at RVHealthy.com!