Guest cacher, Dave “DeBaere” DeBaeremaeker Guest Cacher “DeBaere”
- When was the first geocache placed in Canada?
Guest Cacher, Dave “DeBaere” DeBaeremaeker
- Name and where do you live?
- Dave DeBaeremaeker, from Canada, now living in North Carolina.
- What’s your geocaching alias?
- How long have you been geocaching?
- I started in July of 2008.
- Number of finds?
- 1,779 (as of 10.16.12)
- What got you interested in geocaching?
- I was working in Belgium for 4 months, and a co-worker suggested geocaching, so we did. I found my first 5 caches in Belgium.
- Where have you geocached?
- Belgium, Ireland, all over the US, Ontario and Quebec.
- Are there any big differences, likes/dislikes?
- The caches in Canada are more historical. Cache descriptions haven’t been as dense in other areas. Silicon Valley caches are clever and you’ll find a lot of puzzle caches. The east coast is a mix of everything. It’s nice to see the differences as you travel around.
- What type of geocaches do you like to find? Woods/Urban?
- Anyplace that takes me somewhere new and interesting. Ideally, it’d be outdoors and in the wilderness.
- Future Geocaching Goals
- I have a few. I’ve been keeping them low, since I just welcomed a new daughter. Match my find count from last year, which is 2 finds a day. I’ve been able to keep up with it, so far!
- Dave travels a lot geocaching with other geocachers. Do you geocache with your family?
- Favorite HeadHardHat quote from Dave:“Integrate geocaching into your every day life.”
- Favorite Geocaching Story?
- I have many! I could fill up the whole show, but one that was interesting in California a couple weeks ago. I went to find a cache about 2 blocks away from the Google headquarters. As I was opening the cache, there were a couple of people walking towards
- What’s been your most difficult find?
- What’s your favorite hide and why?
- Geocaching with other geocachers?